Tuesday, October 28, 2008

stunned!

about 4:30pm this afternoon, i get a call from Marsha. she informs me that the church has just fired her! of course i said WHAT? you're kidding right?...No, came the reply.....



needless to say i'm in shock as well as furious as hell. i know all the details surrounding this and it just isn't justified. and Rev Julie was only last weekend telling us about Margaret Wheatley's study stating that the churches are the meanest to each other. now granted Marsha began thinking of resigning a few days ago. and granted Marsha saw this coming, but i'm still in shock. and furious. my issue is the cruelty, the ludicrous reason(s) for firing her. the inhumane action on the part of the board. the church "politics" at hand in this...the total bull behind all this. i could go on and on, but you get the idea. with her firing, and my anger, i'm ready to walk with her. i just may do that. i'm asking myself do i want to stay with a church that is doing what they're doing. stuff like this is why i quit going to church when i was a teenager. i figured i could handle the "politics" and so that's why i took the job there. but this is outrageous. i'll be contemplating all this in the next few days or so. i will talk to my mentor tomorrow...i went to Marsha's as soon as i was done at the office. Marsha seemed to be handling it better than me. again she was ready to resign. we chatted. i had a beer to chill me out. but i'm still fuming quietly here at my place now. i know these situations are core issues within me, so i need to figure out if and how i'll deal with them for my own peace of mind. in the days to come i'll know. there are other jobs out there. hell i'd even consider going back to the convenience store-at least i know i'd get hire there. i must talk to my mentor...so off to bed i'll go and sleep on this....when i mean leave the church, that would include everything i'm a part of there right now=hiking coordinator and practitioner class and facilities assistant coordinator...there's got to be a better way of living...may God guide me in the right direction at this moment...

3 comments:

Rose said...

I feel so bad that Marsha lost her job.

Wow, my daughter emailed me today and she told me three of her co-workers/friends got fired this week and she is stressed about it.

The world is in such an awful mess. I pray for everyone and for you too. I believe in the power of prayers. Sometimes,like the old saying...when one door closes another one opens and it usually is for the better.

Hugs, Rose

Jeannette said...

I am sorry about Marsha but I do agree with Rose. Sometimes things happen for the best. Out of something bad something wonderful can often happen. I feel in my heart, whatever decision you make will be the right one. I have been unable to attend church for years but my home is my temple. God hears me wherever I pray.

Julie said...

I am sorry this happened. I hope you find your answers. I hate inner conflicts like this. Hugs to you.