Monday, October 13, 2008

he called...

as i crawled into bed last nite, my son called. thank goodness. thank you Kyle. he reports at noon time today but he figures the plane won't take off until about 2-3am tuesday morn. he said he really doesn't know what he'll be doing once he gets there. he doesn't know often what he's doin'. i don't know if that's the Army or just him not up to date on things. i'm figuring a little bit of both. i know the Army treats its soldiers differently than the other branch of services. i learned that while in the Air Force and my overseas travel. although i had thought about joining the Army, i'm happy i chose otherwise since seeing and hearing about how the Army is. God bless them anyways. they're serving our country and making a living too. anyways, i'm so thankful he called. i pray he can get another phone while he's over there. that's how we stayed in touch the last tour of duty there. one of us would call the other every week, sometimes every other week. the call would only last 5-10mins, but hey it let me know he was alive. he's not a writer. he doesn't write letters. so a phone call is a blessing. i'll get more gray hairs while he's gone, but i really don't give a damn. maybe i'll start dyeing it again. that's not really important. his safety is my concern. i'm proud of him for serving our country and wanting to serve in Iraq, but it's hard knowing he's there. i'll say my prayers and hope for the best. i also put a pray in at church. we have practitioners who do prayer treatments over prayer requests from the congregants. It is all good. i know he'll be fine in the grander scheme of God. it is his journey in life and he needs to live it as he chooses. i'm in with him all the way. he'll be even more in my heart as he serves our country....

now, as i sit having my brew, there's a chill in the air. i woke to it yesterday morn. i had to pull out the jacket. although it really warmed up yesterday, the chill returned last nite. so i'll pull out the mink blanket (something left by an ex a long time ago). with the mink blanket i don't have to put the heat on just yet. it'll be another month before i turn it on. i need to dress in layers so i can peel them once it warms up during the day. it's still in the 70s during the afternoon. still t-shirt weather. but for now i'll enjoy the briskly cool mornings with a jacket...for now, i have Boo barking in my ear. must let her outside...and it's time for that second cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so glad he called. It is a worry and I know I would get more gray hairs also. Tell him thanks for his service for me. I love your photo's. Makes me want to hit the road again.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm so glad he called. The Army does tend to jerk it's soldiers around. My sil is still in Mississippi, they don't know when he's being sent to Iraq. At last notice sometime after Christmas. I'm glad he's not over there yet, but my daughter went through hell worrying only to find out he's stationed in the states for a while. It makes the time they will be away from one another and his tour over there even longer. Sigh...it's his choice of career. Doesn't mean we don't worry.

Loved the pictures of the Balloons! (Hugs)Indigo