Tuesday, October 21, 2008

pre-op

well, i went to pre-op today for my cataract surgery. watched a video. asked the doc a question or two. she reminded me that with my surgery there's about a 10% risk of complications because of trauma. she's going to do the surgery herself because of that. she'll have an assistant, but she'll do the surgery. either in the video or the consent form, it informed me that often assistants are in the last year of the surgery schooling and will do the surgery. but Dr. Bagga said she'll do mine in case of complications. i also have to stay awake during it. they don't want people falling asleep because we could wake up and jerk our head spontaneously. i told her to keep me awake because even sometimes my current meds make me drowsy. the surgery will last 45mins-1hr lying flat on my back. i'll have to practice laying on my back the next couple weeks since i usually curl up on my side. but there shouldn't be a problem. the whole idea put a damper on my spirits today, but i'm fine. it was nice to come home and read some of your journals to take my mind off things. i also went to Walmart to get a scarecrow for the front to lighten my spirits. i'm in a creative mood right now and would love to spend tomorrow workin' on my photos only. but that's not possible. i've got homework to finish for class thursday night. lots of reading mostly, then write a prayer. but i did pick up more note cards for more photo note kards of mine. just yesterday i printed photos from the balloon fiesta, my fall foliage, and the maize maze event. i have some really good fall foliage photos which you have seen some. hopefully i haven't duplicated in posting the same fall foliage here. i'm going to send one note kard to Rev Lynn to thank her for being here a few weeks ago. the winner of the position is at large and i'll have to wait at least another week for results. i did hear we may know a winner as soon as this sunday evening. so maybe by monday i'll know who our new minister will be. if it's a close race, then it may take a few days for the board to make a decision. whenever the decision is, it's not soon enough....lol
the top photo posted here is a view seen as you drive thru the Jemez mountains, and i think they are part of those mountains. i'm sure it's more beautiful with the mountains snow capped. i haven't been back there during the winter. i know it snows lots there and just having the snow here with the Sandias is enough for me. i love snow, but i don't miss trekking in it even with a 4wheel drive. it is less the snow than it is New Mexico drivers. they still drive like it's dry pavement on the snow packed roads. it's just simply too dangerous to be on those roads. so i stay off them as much as possible. ...anyways, the weather here lately has been absolutely beautiful. i'd love to get in another bike ride soon. i haven't been riding lately and today watching other riders gave me the itch. so maybe early next week, unless the weather changes drastically. we are in the 70s during the day and not too cool at night. thought sure it was going to stay cold last week when we had it. but next week is Halloween and the cool weather starts howlin' in. we'll see. Change is good. Change like the seasons i say. there's a better tomorrow on the horizon.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Just checking in...........while in AZ. It's hotter than Hell here and the A/C just went out...new unit. Enjoyed your pictures. I know you will do fine during and after your surgery. Anne

Julie said...

good luck with the surgery. I have that on in my future. The way my insurance is going to be though I probably won't be able to afford it, LOL. Love the pictures.

Jeannette said...

I am sure the surgery will be fine. I would hate to be awake though but I know you usually have to be for eye surgery.

Robin said...

Sorry to hear you were a little down on this day. I'm sure your surgery will be A.O.K but I understand how you are feeling. Hang in there girl!