Wednesday, November 5, 2008

seeing brightly...

so, good mornin'. we have a new president. i heard the results late last night. although i spent some time @ Marsha's watching the election, we both tuckered out before the final results. once home i was checking emails when my daughter Jorje began a chat with me. from her i learned the final results. i was surprised that it was by such a large margin in the electoral votes. and the last popular vote count i heard, McCain had been leading, but that reversed itself as well. i wasn't much into the election this year. i did vote for Obama, but have reservations as to whether he'll last and what can he really do. he has a huge uphill battle already. our nation is divided and i hope we can come together for reform....but my focus will be on our church. it too is divided and we have a new minister coming in january. i feel she has some tools that will help us, but it is an individual transformation first that begins the overall change. i'm anxious for her guidance in our church as well as with me personally in becoming a practitioner. there are a few things i've realized the past few days personally that involve my spiritual journey. Rev Julie's presence will have "some" influence in my decision on practitioning. i've already written and let her know that. i've been in contact with her often this last week since Marsha's dismissal. i've learned greatly from her already.....

in the meantime, my eye sight is awesome. i went to the store last night, on my own, and all the lights were so totally BRIGHT. all the colors are so much sharper. what a tremendous change. i had no idea things had become a little "dull" in my vision. everything in the store was a kodak picture in the making. makes me want to go out and shoot more photos right now right this moment. but i'll wait until monday when i see the eye doc again for another follow up. i'm going to give her a thank you with one of my photo note kards. that's all i can do for the VA restricts gifts to a $5 limit. (although i stretch that at times with my therapist..lol) anyways, it's all good. anyways, i'm grateful for my eye doc and her skills in this surgery. and btw, i did ask her about seeing her do the surgery. she said that some patients do see the operation while being worked on. so it wasn't my imagination. the whole experience was "weird" so to speak for me. i'll never forget it....

the photo above is from Carlsbad Caverns. i don't think i've posted any of those photos since beginning to journal here. IF you ever get to New Mexico, i highly recommend these caves. they are so totally awesome. i didn't get back there this year as i hoped, but maybe next year or when my sister comes to visit, whenever that is. i have more of these photos in my old journal, but i haven't looked there to see if all my photos transferred over. one day i'll take a look at that journal again...so in the meantime, a new dawn is here. may we begin anew for better tomorrows.

2 comments:

Lori @ Purple Snapdragons said...

So happy to hear your surgery was a success! Isn't technology amazing? I truly think the best team won, but agree it's going to be an uphill battle. Would have been for either side really, but I do have a lot of hope for a brighter future for everyone. Hugs, ~ L

Sage Ravenwood said...

I think there is something there in our country that wasn't there before, hope. It's not something that will show up immediately as you said he has alot of work ahead of him. It took us years to build the mess we're in it's going to take us years to undo it.

Delighted your surgery was a success hon. It's almost like it was for me when I first got my bifocals. Strange and exciting. I wouldn't of enjoyed the experience of being aware my eye was getting worked on. That would of been frightening to me, I don't like anything near my eyes. (Hugs)Indigo