Monday, August 10, 2009

Suzanne

today was Suzanne's day. I'm still in tears...got to the service an hour late ONLY because the time I was given was not correct. the viewing started @ 8:30 a.m., not 9:30a.m. I arrived on time with the info given me, but I didn't get to see her body. they had already closed the casket. I wanted to see her so as to help this sink in a little more. but in light of that, her sister had these photos of her she was passing out. so I now at least have a photo. I still can't believe she's gone. I did learn that she only found out about a month before she died that she had cancer. they did try to operate on her brain tumors, but they were too deep giving her only 2 weeks from that point on. 2weeks 3days later she was gone. I got to meet her family a bit. saw her 2 grandsons whom I was told by her daughter (their mother) they were wild as Suzanne....lol. apparently Suzanne gave her sisters a hard time to as much as she did me at work. guess that was just Suzanne. I hold her in my heart always....there were numerous postal employees there, active & retired. more than I thought I'd see there. it's monday and I expected most to be at work. I'm grateful they took the time out for her. tons of other family and friends which is not surprising since they're Hispanic origins and they always have big families. we met at her parents house afterwards. if I understood them correctly, they will bury her body later. will have to learn where so I can take some flowers to say my final see ya laterz. it was a learning experience for me for they are Catholic. different service than the ones I've attended at our church where we are allowed to get up in front of everyone and talk about the person. but at least we all got to chat afterwards. I am grateful I attended. being surrounded by all these people reaffirm sum more that she's gone. another step toward closure. I miss her already....

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. May she rest in peace. God grant all concerned the strength to cope. Remember, the memories will always remain. Hugs.

Rose said...

Words are poor things when we suffer the loss of a of a dear friend. I still want to convey my desire, however inadequate, to offer consolation.

Such a beautiful picture of her. May she rest in peace.

I'm so sorry...Hugs, Rose