Saturday, August 22, 2009

gods & goddesses


well this wood be one Lil Goddess that I visited today. baby sat Madison for about 3hrs today. she was well behaved today, probably because we were @ her Grammy's. she has grown much and now has a head full of hair. she's still much of a delight in her pure joy and innocence. after grammy got home, we all 3 headed out for breakfast burritos only for Madison to insist I sit in the back seat with her. so there was Grammy playin' taxi for Madison & me....lol. then much to my surprise Madison puckered up her lips and demanded I give her a kiss. I haven't had a kiss in months, maybe a year, so I was very surprised at this. I guess I was her little buddy this morn. she does get like this on 'occasion'. today must have been one of those days. it was all good and very relaxing for me especially after this week.
....then it was off to the God & Goddesses party which I arrived 10mins late. she must have started promptly for I had no idea what I was getting myself into. first off to find something in the surrounding area of the park that spoke to us. then back to make a scarf in relation to the item. didn't know the scarf wood be for us individually until laterz. anyways, then thru the God/Goddesses doorways and a ritual or two to bring forth the knowingness of who we truly are while also burning away those obstacles to what we want to achieve in life. those obstacles of course are old beliefs or feelings about ourselves that inhibit us in life. we wrote them on paper, then burned them in a fire. then some meditation and reflection shared. then a toast to the Gods and Goddesses that we are and indulging in food. there were loads of people. I heard other parties of such were much smaller than before and more connected. but I enjoyed my afternoon relaxing. a woman came with her guitar playing and singing as we joined in. no they weren't campfire songs, more contemporary rock and roll. the crowd dispersed rather quickly and only a handful of held on til the last minute. it was a different social event for me, but sitting in the park brought peace and serenity within me. I'd do it again....
now more R & R, maybe even a short nap this early evening. it's been a nice day. just what I needed. until another time....

No comments: