Saturday, August 29, 2009

great night

Bless all people; pray for their happiness, joy, and laughter. -from the Vedic Scriptures

it was a great night last night @ the ball park watching our 'Topes win in another close one 8-7.
this time it was just one friend and me. she got free tickets so off we went. I had a beer and feel so much better again this morn. I talked so much I missed us scoring 6 runs in one inning...lol. I will talk more when it's just one on one with people, either that the beer really opened me up. maybe both. we chatted a lot about ongoings at church, but I learned sum things I really needed to know. baseball season is almost over here with the last game this next week. so, my friend and I will have to have coffee or something to stay in touch. neither of us are crazy about the Lobo football games, so we'll have to come up with something else to spend our time together. anyways, I had a great time last night....
....the above photo is from the little church @ Las Golondrinas. they had these plaques lined up on both sides of the wall, all of Jesus in one expression or another. just wanted to include with the prayer for the day. the prayers I've been posting lately have been from a book called Prayers for Healing, 365 Blessings, Poems, & Meditations from Around the World, edited by Maggie Oman. it's a GREAT little book. our minister recently read a poem out of it which I fell in love with. for each calendar day, there is a new poem, prayer or meditation for the day. yesterday's was Dr. Martin Luther King's Jr. speech I HAVE A DREAM which he delivered on 28 Aug 1963. I was going to post it here yesterday, but ran out of time. maybe another entry. anyways, I highly recommend this book especially if you need an affirmative thought for the day. I love this book. think it cost me a whole $10...
....well I'm off for today. a few errands then off on a hike before it gets too hot. have a great weekend!

No comments: