Thursday, July 23, 2009

sun dogs

finally, my road trip to Chimayo, NM. these 2 photos were captured along the way (to&from). Chimayo is more about the church. it is a catholic church but more on that in another entry. the top photo here is a sun dog-so my friend told me on the way home. sun dogs are rainbow colors in the sky without rain. they weren't in a rainbow shape, but the colors were painted across the sky. this photo was captured from within the car i think. the others the colors didn't appear as strong once outside shooting. we saw these on the way home...
....this photo was near Chimayo. there are many crosses on the way to Chimayo. many do pilgrimages during Easter weekend to the church there. once there, there are thousands of crosses placed everywhere around the church. (more photos on that in next entry). anyways, many consider Chimayo to be a sacred place and special. i felt that way initially 20yrs ago. it is unique in its own serenity nestled between mountains and desert. i like the energy there too. anyways, it was a great road trip with my friend today. it was for taking photos and boy did we shoot loads of those before during and after our arrival. there were loads of billowy clouds today all beauty in their splendor. i had a great time. now after downloading so many photos, it's time to rest. i'm asking myself where is my next adventure? only time will tell....

2 comments:

Julie said...

We had sun dogs the other day, so pretty. Wish the sky always looked that way. Glad your road trip was fun.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I have never heard them called that before. I love the sound of it - sun dogs. I'll have to remember it. (Hugs)Indigo