Sunday, December 7, 2008

christmas tree '08

O Christmas Tree...O Christmas Tree...
well i finally decorated my tree tonite..Yippie! now it's beginning to feel like Christmas:-)! i took a couple photos to show how my Sugar Plum Tree is looking all lit up. i like it. i love it. i want sum more of it...anyways, i had a good time decorating. it's small and i keep it simple. that works for me. no music while decorating, but the football game is on. i realized i need more Christmas music cds to play in lieu of the occasional song on the radio. i'll see what's on sale after the holiday. i'll mix it up with various artists. but the game is good. i'm back to workin' sunday afternoons again. so i don't get to see my teams play, but they both won today:-) i'm going to go shoppin for a very small portable tv to take in with me if i have the funds. i'll be back workin both saturday and sunday again, but that's ok. once Rev Julie is here full time, i'll want to go listen to her on sundays anyways. plus it might be a good idea to be there if she needs me since she knows me as the main facility assistant at our church. i can hardly wait until she gets here. she'll be here next weekend and will give the talk. but then she'll arrive the mid of January permanently. i could really use her ear right now about somethings regarding church. i'll just wait patiently for her guidance. as much as i've tried to stay out of church politics, today i realized i let myself get drawn into it a bit. need to learn how to handle that better so i'm not in the midst of it especially if i'm going to be a practitioner. and btw, i did learn i can be a practitioner however i'd like and not take on clients. i probably won't shut that door completely, but there are other things like teaching that i can do with my ministry. first, i need to get thru the classes. our first test for this class is this week. i'm a little stressed about it, but i'm going to prepare myself as best as i can. we were given a test sample to use as a guide. i've got half of it done. should finish it tomorrow. that'll give me a couple days to really study and know my material. anyways, it's all good. i'll keep you posted on the results.
in the meantime, i went on our church hike yesterday. that was really nice. the new year is coming and i'm going to start my hiking resolution the week of Christmas. we won't have class during the holiday weeks, therefore i can play to my heart's content. this will be great for i can get a routine down for my hiking schedule. if it's not too cold, i'll get my bike out too (bicycle that is). but i'm also going to do some home projects like clean out and reorganize sum rooms. i look forward to that tremendously. i'm getting rid of things that are just collecting dust. anyways, more on that laterz.
last but not least, i sent my son a Hickory Farms package today. it should arrive before Christmas and it better for the arm and leg i spent in postage for it. after driving away from the mall, it dawned on me i could have taken it to the p.o. and put it in a priority box and saved me $10 on postage. next time i'll remember. the postage only cost a few bucks less than the package itself. Goodness, they're making a killin'. so much for my belly achin'.......
Life is Good! it's Christmas time again....






3 comments:

Melissa said...

Karen, I absolutely love your tree! It's just the most clever thing!! Purple? Who would have imagined? But it's perfect!!!

Good luck with your studying for your test. I am sure that you will do great. You know, you have a ministry right now. Just ask any of us that read you. You are so very loved.

Thanks for your comment about Sarah and Bennie. Joy is so much better when it's shared and I love that my wonderful friends here have prayed for them and are so genuinly happy for them. Be sure and let us know if you're getting a boy or a girl. When is the baby due?

Love ya,
Melissa

Julie said...

I love the way your tree is decorated. Very cool. Don't study to hard.

Martha said...

Love your pretty tree! :-)