Tuesday, September 1, 2009

what happened 2...?

so I caught this little guy too while atop the Peak yesterday. they're usually too quick to stay still long enough to photograph. I was very fortunate yesterday with all the photos I captured.....
....anyways, the question for the day is what ever happened to cheap service on one's car. took my jeep in for a diagnostics thinking it was the started, ya know maybe a $100 job. well lo & behold, $1200+ dollars later was the estimate of things needing done yesterday on my jeep....and it's been sittin' for a few years while I road my bike-geez! so much for the sunroof right now. must wait on that. first the brakes need replacing maybe the rotors too. then the cables around the battery and the battery. then something I've been putting off=major tune-up, and finally another minor repair. all adding up to the aforementioned total cost. whew that's a chunk of change and I was bitchin' about the repairs on my bike. I spent that much over a few years, not in a few months. now I'm wondering if it's worth it to own a vehicle anymore. maybe a bicycle wood be the way 2 go not only because it's Green, but low maintenance plus the benefits of exercise. may just contemplate that one. so this was the news for today.....I did go shopping for my grandbaby who is arriving on monday. bought her a Bears outfit like her grams (mine). it's football season and my Bears will be playing on a sunday night while they're here. we'll don matchig outfits and bbq for the night while watching the game. goodness can't wait for them to be here. more bad news today=a friend at church was beaten to death, literally, only a few days ago. just found out tis morn. Life has been better in sum ways this year, but I've lost 3 people I've known to death also. so it's been a mixed blessing year....

1 comment:

Jeannette said...

So very sorry about your friend, how awful. Beautiful photo of the chipmunk, I think that is what it is, we do not have them over here.