Thursday, September 3, 2009

I miss him...

JUST talked to my son. he called tonight from Iraq. he's leaving there real soon. real soon. thank goodness he'll be back on U.S. soil. he sounded tired but good. first phone call since he was in Hawaii a few months ago. it was great to hear his voice. still have to wait a few more months before seeing him, but I will see him one way or another, come hell or high water. it's just been tooooo long since I've seen him. I'll have a part of him come Monday as my grandbaby arrives. that will help tremendously. I'm all excited and get more anxious as the time gets nearer. will be taking tons of photos when she gets here. TONS!!!...lol...he asked me to do something for him when Earma & Edie gets here. something I can do and had already planned on doing it anyways. now for sure will get them to that favorite place of his. back to where I was on Monday, a few days ago.....anyways, I miss him. can't wait for him to be "state side". at least we'll be closer in proximity. goodness, for someone who didn't want kids many years ago, I sure am Happy to have him. and our birthday is coming soon too. we share the same birthday, Sep 14. despite sum headaches and more gray hairs, I wouldn't trade him for the world. nothing like being a mom and grandma....I love you son!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am so glad he is coming back soon, I know that will make you happy plus the baby will be there soon, how exciting. My birthday is the 14th also.