Friday, May 1, 2009

too funny..

so, i had a couple laughs today with Madison and Marsha. first of all Madison is just too cute & too funny. she's bossy @ 2 1/2 years old. she's saying a few more words but still mostly pointing and trying to say a word or two while telling us what to do. the last few times i've visited her she's been bossy with me too telling me to swing her, play with her or pick up a ball. today it was picking up the ball. initially she was having her Gramma (Marsha) swing her but then she dropped her ball. Gramma was told not to pick it up, I was the one that HAD to pick it up. if she's bossing us now, God wait til she's really talkin'...lol. anyway we both do as she says for the most part with much laughter and love. so i figure Madison is preparing me for my granddaughter due this month. i'm gettin' plenty of training in now so i know what to expect once Erica (my grandbaby) arrives. of course Erica may have a completely different personality and a different way of doing things, but i'll at least have sum experience around my belt. so it was much joy in a very short hour with Madison today.

the second laughter o the day was giving Marsha her birthday present. her birthday is next week but the idea of her present came just a few days ago. one of Marsha's "concern" has been at times that while she hangs out with me that everyone will think her & i are a couple and therefore she won't attract men. she has nothing against gays, she just wants to attract men. so funny thing, sure enough a gay couple at church the other day indicated to me that they thought her & i were a couple...lol. so i cleared that up when one of them said well Marsha needs one of those shirts that says I'M NOT GAY BUT MY GIRLFRIEND IS...I laughed and thought it was a great idea. so i went & got one of those shirts today just for Marsha. thought sure she was going to throw it back at me, but she didn't, she laughed hysterically, which was the point of me buying it. so this tickled me pink that she appreciated it so much. the whole scenario is just hilarious with me. so i told Marsha she has to wear it anytime her and i are go out. this is not the first time people at church have thought i was an item with one of my friends. we are a gay friendly church and i'm physically affectionate with my friends at times publicly. such small gestures are so interpreted wrongly. now i just laugh it off and let the rumors fly. goodness aint life queer...

1 comment:

Sage Ravenwood said...

That shirt is hilarious. I'm so glad you enjoyed the humor in it.

We used to say Skye had to marry someone she could boss around. I swear she gets irritating with it at times. Wouldn't you know she berates her husband endlessly but he loves her. (Hugs)Indigo