Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the journey continues

another beautiful day today. I began my morn having coffee with a friend who became a minister last summer. she was at our church, but then moved on and started her own church. she wanted to chat about my decision to drop becoming a Practitioner. we had a very good chat. knot that I shared all the details, but I shared enough for her to know and understand where I am at the moment with that. she had some good insights for me and invited me to her Practitioner class this fall should I decide to finish the course and licensing. as she said, regardless of whether I do or knot, I am still a practitioner....and so I am. I know this. as I told her I will FEEL my way through this. I am still in too much pain at the moment from my church to make any decision on that. I have the whole summer to reflect, contemplate and decide. I love my friend's insights, knowledge and wisdom. she was knot pressing and very understanding and supportive. that I need most right now. right now I lay practitioning to rest at the moment. I'm taking it one step at a time. my first step is I need to move away from my church. I am still employed there and a bit still in the thick of things. I pray my new job opportunity arrives soon. then I can begin to heal more quickly and regroup. it's all good. good comes out of the pain for me. I stretch and grow more, deeper, wider perhaps. Life's challenges are worth the Change......
......in the meantime, I'd like to share a moment. yesterday I went down to Old Town looking for a new Cowgirl Straw hat. as I was driving down there, I remembered that the Native Americans (and some others) would be on the sidewalk selling Native jewelry. so indeed I strolled over there. I found a necklace from a young Navajo/Santo Domingo Pueblo woman. the necklace she told me after purchasing it that it is one they wear during the dances. how wonderful!!! the necklace is yellow, white, brown, red & turquoise, each a different stone/shell. she was kind enough to write them down for me. I'll keep it in my wallet at all times I will be wearing the necklace daily. I found a necklace with a bear, but liked this one better. I'll get the bear later. anyways, after chatting with her awhile, she invited me to the Pueblo's Feast (or Festival) in August, inviting me to her home too. I am honored by the invitation and will do my damnest to make it for sure. at the moment it looks pretty darn good. I will leave the camera at home, for they are not allowed, honoring & respecting their customs. anyways, I look forward to the event, the experience. anyways, this was the highlight of my day. a necklace and an invitation.....
...in the meantime, later yesterday, I was playing with my own Cowgirl hat and ended up shaping into how I wanted it. I just saved me sum big bucks. I found one I liked in Old Town, but they wanted twice as much as I had originally paid for the first one I had. so needless to say, I'm a happy camper.....gotta run....more soon...hugz!

No comments: