Thursday, January 21, 2010

ode to a friend

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day a t a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that you will make all things right if I
surrender to your will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with you forever in the next
-attributed to Reinhold Niebuhr

it has been a rough few days. it was the anniversary of Jesse's passing. then it was the closure of a friendship gone wrong. knot only did I lose a friend, but I lost my little hiking buddy as well. the trial and tribulations of relationships wears on me. time is healing my wounds. I know I will get thru it all. Life is about change but sometimes the change is painful and knot desired. I can only hope for better tomorrows in relationships. Lessons are learned. growth is expanded. it's all part of the journey....and today is another beginning.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Karen, I am so sorry about the loss of your little hiking buddy, I know that is hard for you. I hope it can be mended. Sending you hugs.

Cheryl Patterson said...

I can't recall if my message was posted... this little post window just appeared...? Sorry for any confusion... But...

I do know that I wanted to tell you sorry for your hiking buddy... Was it a dog? If so, I understand your loss and can empathize.

I am still mourning the loss of my dog, since just before Christmas... One of the hardest experiences - losing our best friends - so much unconditional love.

I hope things get better for you, and wish you all the best for 2010.

Cheryl

Jimmy's Journal said...

Each day brings the opportunity for better times and, hopefully, the sun will shine fondly on you.

Jimmy

PS. Love the vibrant colors on your photographs.

Cheryl Patterson said...

Hi Kbear,

I’ve put myself on your followers list, however, notice my pic isn’t showing… sorry. I’m not sure why that is – it shows on my profile.

I’ll have to figure out why it doesn’t appear on your blog – I’m open to any ideas!

Otherwise, your blog is very nice –I love the pics!

All the best,

Cheryl

Chubby Chieque said...

Hello my dear bloggie friend!

It's been awhile not hearing me but my days of silence doesn't meant forgetfullness nor negligence. Just busy and lazy.

Hope you enjoy the week-end.