Thursday, August 26, 2010

desert ruins

so this is a slice @ the Coronado State Monument....where I've taken the last few photos posted here. it was a beautiful Monday and I got out b4 it got 2 hot. it's small site compared to others but enlightening to say the least. they had original murals from when it was excavated back in 1930s I believe. the murals are sacred so no photos allowed. they were beautiful and told a wonderful story. the monument gives a awesome view of the Sandia Mountains and I will post that real soon. if I remember correctly these ruins date back 700 yrs or so. New Mexico is full of ruins like these, each offering a unique view and story. I was thinking the other day, who need to go to Europe for ancient history, when it's here in my own back yard......more to come...

No comments: