Wednesday, February 18, 2009

5 days & counting...



...it's 5 days and counting down. whew! it's late wednesday night and i'm usually in bed by now as of recently. but right now i need to unwind. i've already worked 6 days in a row and i have 5 more to go...and so i found out tonite anyways. one of my crew resigned tonite. the other one was already to take this weekend off. that just leaves me and me only to fill in-UGH!!! i thought things were going to get better. so much for my thinking. but this resignation is not a surprise to me. i saw it coming. i think i mentioned before my job has been challenging including the 2 people who work for me. it's been awhile since i've been in a supervisor position so i'm getting on my feet with that. anyways, i already hired another person. i was in the process of bringing her on as a back up anyway. so now she can fill in for the vacancy to some degree and be a back up. i had been missing doing "real" work. now i have it and it's more than plenty even doing 20-25hrs a week. but i've also been helping in Jen's office still. so i've been doing 30hrs a week really even when trying to cut back. too much too much. i bought my lottery tickets. let's hope those pan out....lol these past two months have been too much work and not enough play. i've had fun sparingly. that's got to change like yesterday. i have a tidbit of fun but between work and class homework, i feel i'm always busy. well the month of March is just around the corner. a friend mentioned a road trip to Chimayo. i'm calling her up for that one asap. i know at the moment she has company in town. plus i think she has another road trip out of state and/or country coming up too. so i need to find that right day. i'll call her tomorrow. in the meantime, i need to find a trail for our hike group. goodness, i know tuesday's coming-my next day off...

1 comment:

Julie said...

I imagine I will be feeling that way soon when I get back to work. We are so short they will be calling me everyday off and to pay my medical bills I will have to be going also, Guess I will enjoy the time off. 3 more weeks.